Wednesday 6 March 2013

The customer is always right.

by Video-Tutorials.Net
Just got an angry email from a customer who was having trouble starting one of my discs. What he wanted was help; he felt if he didn't threaten and insult me, he wouldn't get help. Now, I am happy to help everyone, because I take pride in my work and want it to work well for you, and  because I rely on this little business to support my family, so my reputation is very important (and in this digital age, very easily smeared!). 

I lived in America for 15 years, and really loved it. I met my husband there.  We moved back to where I'm from, Canada, after we had kids, to be closer to my family.  Why is it only Americans send me these inflammatory, threatening emails? No African, no Asian, no Australian ever sends me nasty emails if they need help. One of my most polite encounters was with an Egyptian during the recent revolution: even in the midst of suffering, upheaval, this customer respected basic human courtesies. Respect for all, because we are all one & connected; that's what it's about. 

While the customer is still "always right", it doesn't mean s/he gets to abandon manners and resort to toddler-style tantrums.  Putting all that negative, angry energy in the universe does not help anyone.

So, bless my angry customer! May he be blessed in all areas of his life. May all conflict be resolved and only love revealed. I am one with him and I am grateful.  May all beings benefit from this intention. And so it is.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I love your attitude with unsettled customers. I must admit that I was once guilty of this infraction. As the chief engineer for a manufacturing plant I was responsible to see to it that all tools, devices and gauges were up to date in calibration. Our supplier for said gauges was a little bit late on delivery and I took some heat from my management which I rolled to the our supplier. Afterwards I felt bad for being so petty with them as they were a very dependable source.

    ReplyDelete