Thursday 24 October 2013

Inventor question - how to move a face around an axis or point?

Question:
In Autodesk Inventor can you please tell me how I can move faces by rotating
them about an axis and/or a specific point? Every other solid modeling
software I have used this is easy to do. I can't figure this out, nor can I
find any instructions for it. I would really appreciate it if you could put
me in the know.

Answer:
In the modeling use the Move Face tool (Modify Panel); you select the face,
and the triad appears. You can adjust/rotate using the various triad axes,
or use the additional control options in the Move dialog window (Direction &
Distance, Points & Plane).  For the assembly environment, use the various
tools on the Position tab to rotate parts about an axis, point etc.

www.Video-Tutorials.Net
For more information about Inventor, check out our Inventor video tutorials!
Inventor Video Tutorials

No comments:

Post a Comment